I have a customer that is having a problem mount a vxfs filesystem in a local zone..

Customer sent me a description on his issue..

Ken,

As we discussed I am sending this email to describe my problems with mounting of Vxfs filesystems in local zones. I am able to mount Veritas volumes in local zones if the filesystem type is UFS as in the example below:

add fs
set dir=/export/home
set special=/dev/vx/dsk/homedg/ud506d-export-home
set raw=/dev/vx/rdsk/homedg/ud506d-export-home
set type=ufs
end

As soon as I change the filesystem type to vxfs (and regen the FS) the zone fails to boot because it can't find the mount command in /usr/lib/fs/vxfs. That directory does not get created when the local zone is created. I am using create -b to create zones which means they should be "full". This being the case I tried to "bandaid" the situation by creating /usr/lib/fs/vxfs in the local zone and putting a link in to point to /etc/fs/vxfs/mount which is the same method used by UFS. I copied both directories from the global. It still fails. I need to know Sun's official position on this and the fix (if any). If the mounting of Vxfs filesystems is not supported in local zones this is a major bug. We use Vxfs for all Production applications and this would severely limit our use of local zones in Solaris 10.

Thanks for any help on this
Ken

     /\
    \\ \      S U N  M I C R O S Y S T E M S  I N C.
   \ \\ /
  / \/ / /   Ken Boyd  OS-Technical Support Engineer
 / /   \//\  email:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 \//\   / /  phone:    800-872-4786 ref Case #
  / / /\ /
   / \\ \
    \ \\
     \/