On Tue 26 Sep 2006 at 09:24PM, Anantha N. Srirama wrote:
> I've found a small bug in the ZFS & Zones integration in Sol10 06/06 release.
>
> This evening I started tweaking my configuration to make it consistent
> (I like orthogonal naming standards) and hit upon this situation:
>
> - Setup a ZFS clone as /zfspool/bluenile/cloneapps; this is a clone of
>   my global zones' /apps filesystem.
> - Updated my zone configuration for bluenile to use the
>   /zfspool/bluenile/cloneapps
> - Booted my zone and I couldn't see the just provisioned ZFS filesystem!!!!
>
> Upon a hunch I recreated the ZFS clone but this time I named it as
> /zfspool/bluenile/capps to reduce the overall length and updated my
> Zone config. Upon boot I was able to see the ZFS filesystem!
>
> I'm not sure if this is a ZFS, Zones, or ZFS/Zones integration
> problem. It is not a show stopper but in the spirit of ZFS being
> 'unlimited' in all dimensions why are we limiting the length of the
> clone name?

We certainly wouldn't limit this on purpose--- can you provide us a copy
(just send it to me off-list if you want) of your zone configuration
(possibly including when the problem is happening)?  I assume you were
using the 'add dataset' feature?

Thanks for the bug report.  We'll also try to reproduce this.

        -dp