/var/sadm/pkg/SUNWcsr/save/pspool/SUNWcsr/reloc/etc/pam.conf
and /etc/pam.conf in the global zone are identical.

Just the ones in the new local zone get stripped down and the
entries are out of order.

Renaud Manus wrote:

The /etc/pam.conf in the non-global zone is a copy of
/var/sadm/pkg/SUNWcsr/save/pspool/SUNWcsr/reloc/etc/pam.conf
from the global zone. Are they identical?

-- Renaud

Brian Kolaci wrote:

I had an issue in the past with patches when a zone couldn't boot
to have the patches install properly.  The zonepath got blown away.
I then destroyed the zones and retried the patching, which appeared
to work.

Now whenever I create zones the /etc/pam.conf file is missing
several entries, including the "login" and many others.  In order
to be able to "zlogin" into the zone I need to manually update
the /etc/pam.conf of each local zone from the global zone.

How do I fix my installation so that zone creation works properly
and I get the proper /etc/pam.conf generated?

Is there any way to validate the global zone to see what packages
may be corrupt or have bad metadata?