Suraj Verma writes:
> Calling zone_enter() from a program running from different locations
> seems to show inconsistent behaviour. I suspect the only interesting
> difference could be the location of the binary (NFS versus local file
> system). Can anyone explain.

NFS doesn't know how to have the upper (file system) portion resident
in one zone, while the lower (network) portion is in another.

So, if any part of your address space is mapped to a file resident on
NFS, or if you have any file descriptor open on an NFS file, and you
attempt to execute zone_enter(), the call will fail with EFAULT.  You
also can't use any descriptor-passing mechanism to pass in an
NFS-related file descriptor from one zone to another.

See PSARC 2004/357 for details.

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>