Hi Daniel,

Sun Cluster 3.1 8/05 supports Solaris zones via the "Sun Cluster HA for Solaris Containers data service." The documentation is located at http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-2664

Note that you don't install Sun Cluster itself in any non-global zones. The cluster software runs in the global zone, but supports applications in the non-global zones via the data service mentioned above.

I also suggest you check out the Sun Cluster 3.2 beta, which contains expanded support for Solaris Containers, including the capability to specify non-global zones directly as potential primaries for agents. https://feedbackprograms.sun.com/callout/default.html?callid=%7B11B4E37C-D608-433B-AF69-07F6CD714AA1%7D

Thanks,
Nick

Daniel Iversen wrote:

Hi there..

I am new to Zones and Solaris Cluster (as in the Sun Cluster software) and I
have searched this site and BigAdmin with no luck;

[b]Is it (technically and/or easily) possible to install the Sun Cluster inside
3 zones residing on the same physical server (w/ 3 GB RAM)?[/b]

We are trying to test out the configuration of a Sun Cluster (with shared
strage and maybe a couple of agents for now) but want to utilise as little
hardware as possible.

(This does not have to perform fast and obvisously won't really be Highly
Available since we use the same hardware, but can it be done?)

Thanks a lot in advance... I hope more people than me can use the answer.

Kind regards,
Daniel

NB: I suppose in general, how different is a Zone for the application compared
to real hardware? Would the Cluster application even notice?