Menno Lageman wrote:
Hi,

doing a dry-run attach of a detached zone fails with the message "zoneadm: missing or invalid brand" and exit code 1. Attaching the zone for real succeeds though. I would expect the dry-run to succeed too because the zone was created on this system so everything (packages, patches, network interface etc. are the same). This is on build 52.

Ok, I figured this one out. According to the spec for dry-run (http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/arc/caselog/2006/307/spec/)

The syntax for dry-run attaching a zone will be:

                # zoneadm attach -n path_to_manifest

This leads to the 'zoneadm: missing or invalid brand' error message.

However, according to the man page it should in fact be:

'zoneadm -z aap attach -n path_to_manifest

This works ok. I'll file a bug for the fact that 'zoneadm attach' isn't flagged as a usage error but issues a bogus error message.

Menno

--
Menno Lageman                      http://blogs.sun.com/menno
Sun Microsystems