Dan Price wrote On 12/11/06 16:28,:
On Mon 11 Dec 2006 at 04:14PM, Jeff Victor wrote:

Mike, do you have a working code snippet that I can test? I have a 6/06 system, a Nevada build50 system, and can create others. I could write the code myself, but if you already have a tested sample...

Isn't this not working because named pipes are implemented not as a
filesystem builtin but using namefs?  I would assume that you'd
need to work out how to get the namefs mounts right.

        -dp

Thanks, Dan. I did google across the following URL, and tried the code.

http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/named_pipes.html

The client never returns, it just hangs.

I haven't been able to find much on namefs, but since the named pipe does appear to be implemented using such, it looks to not be an IPC between zones (my test was between global and one non-global).

Thanks
Steffen