F.V.(Phil)Porcella wrote:

***Im getting some strange errors from zoneadmin install
bash-3.00# zoneadm -z CIS2 install
Preparing to install zone <CIS2>.
Creating list of files to copy from the global zone.
Copying <213> files to the zone.
Initializing zone product registry.
ERROR: Read-only file system: cannot create zone product registry text database file
</zones/CIS2/root/var/sadm/install/contents>
ERROR: cannot initialize zone product registry at </zones/CIS2/root>
ERROR: cannot copy and initialize packages from global zone to local zone <CIS2> path
</zones/CIS2/root>
ERROR: cannot create zone boot environment <CIS2>
zoneadm: zone 'CIS2': '/usr/lib/lu/lucreatezone' failed with exit code 74.
*** my configuration file looks like this:
bash-3.00# zonecfg -z CIS2
zonecfg:CIS2> export
create -b
set zonepath=/zones/CIS2
set autoboot=true
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/lib
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/platform
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/sbin
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/usr
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/opt
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/var
end
add net
set address=156.12.1.129
set physical=eri0
end
zonecfg:CIS2> exit
bash-3.00#
*** Im patched up to the solaris cluster that came out last week, so
*** Any ideas?

Hi
Create -b creates a whole root zone, esssentially /lib /sbin/ platform and /usr are no longer inherited, but then in the zone config you specify these as being inherited anyway, esentially drop the -b, now the real problem is the last inherit /var, var must be writqable, and is what is causing the failure.
so
1 no need to use -b to create,
2 no need to specify inherit for /lib /sbin /platform and usr once -b is not used
3 lose the inherit of /var

Why are you inheriting /var, might be able to give better advise once we understand issue

Enda