On Thu 27 Sep 2007 at 08:24AM, James Carlson wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > Anyone know how to start the restarter?
>
> You don't need to, and doing it wouldn't help.  Instead, you need to
> use "zlogin -C zone2" to connect to the zone's console and answer the
> questions that sysidtool is asking.  Those questions (such as the root
> password and default time zone) are what's blocking it from booting up.
>
> Once you've done that, it'll boot up correctly.
>
> Alternatively, you can make sure that you use a sysidcfg file when you
> install the zone.  There are references to this in the documentation ...

We should really detect this case (the unconfigured zone, I mean) and
print something out when you boot it up... perhaps:

# zoneadm -z myzone boot
Notice: Zone appears to have no sysid configuration.  Log onto zone
        console to complete configuration before using the zone.

(ok, needs wordsmithing need on the message, I realize)

        -dp