Andrew Blatt wrote:
> I try and patch a server with this patch and I get /var/run full:

so to be clear, patchadd failed I take it?

120011/120012 are called deferred activation patches and work by lofs
mounting root and other necessary directories under an alternate root
structure in /var/run.
this is done to enable users to apply these patches to live systems.
I will have a look at the space checking in /var/run, so I just need to
know did the patchadd fail ( leading to corruption ) or did it just
issue an out of space message
> # df -k /var/run
> Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
> swap                   20480   20480       0   100%    /var/run
>
> Also, why does zones fail to update if zone is on vxfs? Why would it care?

currently this is not working for VxFS/zfs ( but a fix is in the
pipeline and I have tested the fix on VxFS zonepath.
We hope to release the fix ( 119254/119255 ) in the coming week or two.

Sorry for any hassle caused.

enda