Good day,

I'd like to ask for an update on the fix [quote below]:

currently this is not working for VxFS/zfs ( but a fix is in the pipeline and I have tested the fix on VxFS zonepath.
We hope to release the fix ( 119254/119255 ) in the coming week or two.

Currently, we have the development systems running zones on zfs (root fs);
Yes, I know that we're *not suppose* to do that but our experience has been great so far
[zfs quotas are a life saver -;) ]

According to infodoc 72099 <http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-72099-1> we're running all the patches listed but when I tried to apply

*120011-14* SunOS 5.10: kernel patch (from the note: kernel patch - before installing 120011-14 <http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=urn:cds:docid:1-21-120011-14-1>, you must halt zones.)

it gives you an error since it doesn't read zfs slice to boot the zones.

# uname -a
SunOS devcon 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200
# more /etc/release
                      Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC
          Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                       Use is subject to license terms.
                          Assembled 14 November 2006

Also, while I'm on the topic I have 2 more questions/comments:

1. In Solaris 10u4 (08/07) release notes there is a mention of ability of running Dtrace within a sparse zone (the user space). Without going too deep, is it possible to do on the earlier releases of solaris 10 such as 11/06?

2. This is a comment on the usefulness of a zones/zfs combo:
To my surprise, we were able to move the sparse zones between different arches via a "detach/attach -F" route from *sun4u* (a v240 in our case) to *sun4v* (a t2000).

Thank you for the great work and I'll be waiting for your responses.

Regards,

Andrei Tokarev < [EMAIL PROTECTED] >
Systems Administrator
OANDA Corporation
416-593-6767 x346
www.oanda.com

Enda O'Connor wrote:
Andrew Blatt wrote:
I try and patch a server with this patch and I get /var/run full:
so to be clear, patchadd failed I take it?

120011/120012 are called deferred activation patches and work by lofs mounting root and other necessary directories under an alternate root structure in /var/run.
this is done to enable users to apply these patches to live systems.
I will have a look at the space checking in /var/run, so I just need to know did the patchadd fail ( leading to corruption ) or did it just issue an out of space message
# df -k /var/run
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
swap                   20480   20480       0   100%    /var/run

Also, why does zones fail to update if zone is on vxfs? Why would it care?
*currently this is not working for VxFS/zfs ( but a fix is in the pipeline and I have tested the fix on VxFS zonepath.
We hope to release the fix ( 119254/119255 ) in the coming week or two.
*
Sorry for any hassle caused.

enda
My current server is running: