I had the bad surprise to find a production zone impacting a whole frame
this morning... visibly the third party application running in it as root
(no comments) generated so many processes that the whole frame was
generating a lot of cannot fork errors... impacting the other zones and the
GZ ... The LWPs are limited to 500 in that zone (frame is a E2900 with 12
cpus), but troubleshooting showed that the defunct process didn't get
attached to LWPs and therefore didn't hit the wall ... Is there any plan to
allow some kind of limiting processes thru the GZ (the application running
as root, I do not know how to project it) ?
<rctl name="zone.max-lwps">
        <rctl-value priv="privileged" limit="500" action="deny"/>
</rctl>

This is a scaring issue ...

Regards
--