On Thu 14 Feb 2008 at 03:40PM, Pedro Espinoza wrote:
> Is there any way to enforce maxuproc at zone level? Or is there any
> equivalent functionality at zoneadm/rctl level?

I believe that the global maxuprc setting is enforced per-zone.
That is to say, each zone has its own user-process-count table,
but that the global zone's /etc/system setting applies to all.
See for example

(Around line 970; search the file for the only occurence of

It would be nice to be able to tune this per-zone (or to convert
this to a zone-level resource control), but we don't have that at

Depending on what you are trying to do, setting a resource control
such project.max-lwps may be more appropriate; it certainly gives
you a greater degree of control.