Sanjay Akula wrote:
> Did anybody saw this WARNING messages while loading patch cluster what
> does it means.
> Installing 120011-14...
> /kernel/drv/sparcv9/fcp: undefined symbol 'fc_ulp_hold_remote_port'
> WARNING: mod_load: cannot load module 'fcp'
> WARNING: fctl: ULP FCSM version mismatch; please upgrade FCSM
> Can any one suggest me the solution.
> --
> Regards,
> SysAdmin
The only time I have seen this is in the following scenario

user adds patch a-03 which delivers a newer incompatible kernel module ( by
incompatible I
mean that the new module depends on say a new genunix not loaded till next
reboot )say
module fcp-version3,without forcing a load of the old module it is replacing,
later in the
same patch session user applies 120011-14, which deliver fcp-version4 ( a newer
incompatible fcp module ), but due to how this patch 120011-14 is installed,
actually forces a load of the existing modules including the incompatible
leading to the warning.

These are benign and once a reboot has occurred, order will be restored, as the
genunix in 120012-14 will be compatible with the new fcp module.

so I suspect you applied another patch before 120011-14 that also delivered fcp