well, the recommed method to do this is via ssh.  take a look at:
        Running X11 Applications in a solaris8 Branded Zone
in the following documentation:
        Solaris 8 Containers 1.0 Collection >>
                System Administration Guide: Solaris 8 Containers
this should work with native, s8 and s9 containers.

if this doesn't work for you, i'd like to know why.

you could also try adding the framebuffer devices directly to the zone,
but be aware that this will result in a currently unsupported configuration.
to run an x server inside the zone you need to add more than just a
framebuffer device.  you'll need to add all the following devices: