Ran into an interesting observation at a tradeshow today, where
OpenSolaris 2008.05  has been installed.  Then proceeded to create a  zone.

The installation phase of the zone reached out to pkg.opensolaris.org ->
and as part of that process we noticed that the NGZ's /etc/motd reports
snv_90.... (that is likely due to newer bits being available) - and yet
'uname' in NGZ reports the expected (snv_86).

also noticed the brand for the zone appears as 'ipkg' and not 'native'.

cool, but how are we dealing with newer bits not necessarily deviating
from the kernel version installed?