Moin!

On Jul 14, 2008, at 23:56 , Will Murnane wrote:
> Unfortunately, these both misbehave to some degree when zones are
> installed.  Users are not created when the zones are installed, and
> some services are apparently not installed.  Is there a standard way
> to do these tasks so that zones behave better?
Well Solaris installs and packages, especially package scripts can not
rely on the fact that the install root = /, it can e.g /a with jumpstart
or your zone path when the package gets created inside a zone. So I
would rewrite your scripts as:

%pre
if [ "${BASEDIR}" = "" ]
then
        /usr/sbin/groupadd -g 27 mysql
        /usr/sbin/useradd -u 27 -d /var/lib/mysql -s /bin/false -G mysql mysql
else
        ${BASEDIR}/usr/sbin/chroot ${BASEDIR} /usr/sbin/groupadd -g 27 mysql
        ${BASEDIR}/usr/sbin/chroot ${BASEDIR} /usr/sbin/useradd -u 27 -d /var/
lib/mysql -s /bin/false -G mysql mysql
fi

the same applies to your other scripts. Try this and tell me if you
still have
problems.

So long
-Ralf