On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Dan Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri 08 Aug 2008 at 07:35PM, Asif Iqbal wrote:
>> [Fri Aug  8 19:29:08 EDT 2008]   Sanity Check: /flash doesn't look
>> like a Solaris 8 image.
>> I must be missing a step or a switch
> Yeah, you want to look in the 'flar' manpage for -f:
>     -f               (Used with split only.) Extract the archive
>                      section   into  directory  called  archive,
>                      rather than placing it in  a  file  of  the
>                      same name as the section.

bash-3.00# flar split -d /flash -f engr.flar
uncompress: stdin: corrupt input
ERROR: Unable to process archive file //engr.flar.

Hehe .. I guess I will try by installing the patches on solaris 8 box
as suggested by Steve Lawrence here and then create flash image again.

On a related note is it possible to create the image differently and then
bring it over to solaris 10, short of using flar create ?

> That should do the unpacking of "archive" for you.  Or you can just
> run "file" on "archive" and see what it is, and unpack it by hand.
>        -dp
> --
> Daniel Price - Solaris Kernel Engineering - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
> blogs.sun.com/dp

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu