The ufsdump option is great, as long as you are bundling up a single
filesystem.  If the source machine has a separate /var or /opt
filesystem, (or you need to bring over extra filesystems) you won't
catch them with ufsdump.  In the case of /var and /opt, I have used pax
with excellent results, as well as cpio.  :)

bill.