On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 06:58:29AM -0600, Jerry Jelinek wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >>Hi Jeff and Jerry
> >>
> >>Thank you, I was indeed using the wrong syntax and have added the
> >>options successfully now
> >>
> >>Thanks for fast response
> >
> >Could we please discuss why fs options specified in zone configuration are
> >better
> >then just /etc/vfstab ?
>
> Using fs causes the mount to be managed/controlled by
> the global zone admin.  Zones itself does the mount
> based on how the zone is configured.
>
> Using the zone's vfstab means you have to give device
> access to the zone, which also means that the zone has
> the ability to construct a bad file system on the device
> and panic the machine, so this is inherently less secure
> than using fs.
>
> However, sometimes you want to give device access to the
> zone, so both techniques are available, but it is generally
> preferred to use fs, since it is more constrained and secure
> than adding a device to the zone.

Jerry,

I was thinking about global zones /etc/vfstab. Using zones fs
configuration if I want to remount (using other options) it in the middle of
the day
I would have to reboot the zone. Using only /etc/fstab (from global
zone) I just run -o remount, ... option.

Regards
Przemyslaw Bak (przemol)
--
http://przemol.blogspot.com/