I am little confused with Solaris 10/08 release and it is not clear in the documentation. But say I set the global zone to cpu-shares=5 and say a zone1 to cpu-shares=3 and zone2 to cpu-shares=2.

1) do you have to set scheduling-class=FSS in all zones or is it assumed?
2) and does this mean that global zone is using 5/10, zone 1 is using 3/10 and zone2 is using 2/10 of the cpu resources   like when I set up the old way a pool.
3) and is this an easier way to do it or do I still need to use pools?

--

Michael Barto
Software Architect

LogiQwest Circle
LogiQwest Inc.
16458 Bolsa Chica Street, # 15
Huntington Beach, CA  92649
http://www.logiqwest.com/

    mba...@logiqwest.com
Tel:  714 377 3705
Fax: 714 840 3937
Cell: 714 883 1949

'tis a gift to be simple
This e-mail may contain LogiQwest proprietary information and should be treated as confidential.