Not sure. It's been like half a lifetime since I have written any C code, but somewhere in some dust-covered brain cells I have a recollection that a malloc doesn't actually consume the memory until the memory is actually populated, probably as being a linked-list type data structure. I really am not sure if this is correct or just severely historic knowledge.

Paul

Alexander Skwar wrote:
Hi!