On 05/07/09 12:26, Christine Tran wrote:
I realize that zoneadmd is a private interface, but, hereĀ“s a
question.  Can I have a running zone and no zoneadmd running, at all?
If yes, what does it mean?

Hi Christine,

Yes, it is possible to run a zone and kill the associated zoneadmd. This will terminate all connections to the zone's serial console (which can be viewed with 'zlogin -C <zonename>'). However, processes executing within the zone should continue to function normally. You can still zlogin to the zone, but if you grab the serial console via 'zlogin -C' then zoneadmd will start again. Performing any state changes on the zone via 'zoneadm' will also spawn zoneadmd.

Jordan