Brian Ruthven - Solaris Network Sustaining - Sun UK wrote:

Can you try plumbing in the ::1 interface in the zone please? I don't recall whether this can be done with ifconfig plumb or not within an NGZ or whether it is a zonecfg re-configuration which is needed.

it's very difficult to find the docs. I found this:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/sundocs/articles/trsoltechfaq.jsp
and i did:
zonecfg:catalogue2> add net
zonecfg:catalogue2:net> set address=::1/64
zonecfg:catalogue2:net> set physical=e1000g1
zonecfg:catalogue2:net> end

i'm not sure how it is correct?
in the zone, now:
lo0:1: flags=2002000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6,VIRTUAL> mtu 8252 index 1
        inet6 ::1/128

and the message "error: Failed to allocate internet-domain X11 display socket" never appears

Could you confirm this workaround, and the exact syntax? i'm not very friendly with ipv6.

Alternatively, try one of the workarounds in http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6704823 and let me know whether you can reproduce the problem. If not, remove the workaround (unplumb the interface, etc...) and try again to confirm the error re-appears.

none of these workarounds works in my case. But even if the error message appears, you're able to login into the zone, so i think it's the reason why other people doesn't complain about it.

thanks for your help,

Thanks,
Brian

solarg wrote:
Brian Ruthven - Solaris Network Sustaining - Sun UK wrote:

That bug (or rather the bug it was closed as a duplicate of) is technically S10-only because nevada (and hence opensolaris) plumbs in an IPv6 interface by default.

Do you have the ::1 "interface" plumbed in and up? Something like this:

lo0: flags=2002000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6,VIRTUAL> mtu 8252 index 1
   inet6 ::1/128

If not, then you can be exposed to this bug on OpenSolaris.

yes, i have it in the global zone:
lo0: flags=2002000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6,VIRTUAL> mtu 8252 index
 1
        inet6 ::1/128

but not in the non-global zone:
r...@ng-zone:~# ifconfig -a
lo0:8: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
e1000g1:8: flags=201000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,CoS> mtu 1500 index 3
        inet x.y.z.143 netmask ffffff00 broadcast x.y.z.255
r...@ng-zone:~#

gerard