Hi,

(opensolaris 2009.06, snv_111b)

I'm trying to understand how to move a zone, first from
one zpool to another.

It does seem quite simple, yet there is something I don't
quite get, obviously.

I have the following setup :

jul...@olympus:~# zpool list
NAME    SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
dpool   272G   154K   272G     0%  ONLINE  -
rpool   136G  50,8G  85,2G    37%  ONLINE  -

right now two zones :

jul...@olympus:~# zoneadm list -v
ID NAME             STATUS     PATH                           BRAND    IP
0 global           running    /                              native   shared
2 www_public       running    /zones/www_public              ipkg     excl
7 www_intra        running    /dpool/zones/www_intra         ipkg     excl

as you see, www_intra is supposed to be parked in the 'dpool' pool.
it was first within the rpool/zones, but I 'moved' it using what
seemed appropriate :

jul...@olympus:~# zfs create dpool/zones
jul...@olympus:~# zlogin www_intra shutdown -y -g 10 -i 0
jul...@olympus:~# zoneadm -z www_intra move /dpool/zones/www_intra
jul...@olympus:~# zonecfg www_intra boot

Yet this seems to have no effect on anything except the mount point,
which is not what I'm trying to achieve. I expected the whole
zone to be displaced to the 'dpool' pool :

jul...@olympus:~# grep intra /etc/zones/index
www_intra:installed:/dpool/zones/www_intra:3afe7420-1469-cc6e-c976-c3bb5c90a7c3

jul...@olympus:~# zfs list | egrep "intra|dpool"
dpool                                 150K   268G    21K  /dpool
dpool/zones                            45K   268G    23K  /dpool/zones
rpool/zones/www_intra                1,29G  79,1G    22K  /dpool/zones/www_intra
rpool/zones/www_intra/ROOT           1,29G  79,1G    19K  legacy
rpool/zones/www_intra/ROOT/zbe        576M  79,1G  1,16G  legacy
rpool/zones/www_intra/ROOT/zbe-1      749M  79,1G  1,88G  legacy

so 'zoneadm -z www_intra move' does not 'move' it seems, it just
mounts somewhere else, which isn't that interesting (to me).

Could some kind soul shed some light on the proper way to do this ?

Thanks,

j.