by default, the network configuration of the global zone is set to auto-detect.
I think this should be dhcp?

Reading Solaris System Administration documentations, hostname.interface
file(s) under the /etc/inet directory is used for setting static ip address of
interface(s). I don't know whether OpenSolaris is using the same model? Does it
actually store network settings somewhere when I manually adjust the network
settings at the icon shown on the tray?

Since the configuration details are from dhcp, I don't know where to put/modify
in settings like dns server (after the initial network settings for the 1st
time login) to the non-global zone.  Which command I can use to know the dns
settings in the global zone?

thanks,
jackling