Indeed, but keep in mind that blog was using straight lofi. What is described below is leveraging zpool/zfs interfaces. straight lofi was slow and not too useful outside proof of concept. zpool/zfs seems to be running just fine.

Derek McEachern wrote:
If zonecfg determines that the target fs type is nfs it will error and not allow the zone to be configured. You can jump through hoops and do things to hide that fact from zonecfg so it doesn't believe that the zone root is running over nfs but I've got to think that it's not going to be well tested, if tested at all.

Also, the blog you reference has the warning,
/"First let me say this is a workaround hack, we didn't do anything illegal, and all the interfaces we used are regular Solaris interfaces, however it comes dangerously close to the "don't do this at home folks" category. So think twice before you'd use it in a production environment, but it definitely fun to do."/

I'm not sure that I would feel comfortable running anything production critical configured this way.

Derek