On 02/18/10 10:45, Ben wrote:
Hi all,

What are the differences between native and ipkg zones?
When I did one of the Solaris 10 admin courses we learnt how zones use parts of
the global-zone (for example using global-zone directories like /etc etc...).

Now I'm using OpenSolaris, what is the difference?

Many thanks,

Native zones are build using SystemV packages. This is in Solaris 10 and was in SX-CE. With OpenSolaris, the system is build using the Image Packaging System to deliver the binaries and more, and thus the zones that would be 'native' are labeled as ipkg.