I've been playing around with Zookeeper for a project I'm scoping and was
considering converting the builds to Maven. I know maven is not everyones
favorite, so before I jump into it, I wanted to check if there would be
interest in such an effort.

As part of this i would

- create a zookeeper parent pom
- subprojects for the java and c runtimes
- create a jute subproject and maven plugin,
- create release and integration and static analysis profiles.

Basically, it would be identical to the ant builds but modularized and easy
for new developers to start hacking on  (mvn eclipse:eclipse or idea:idea
gets a new developer working with running code in short order) .

Anyhow, if you would like these mavenizations I'd be happy to make them
happen. If you've any questions or comments feel free to shout.