Stack, you can't use a new client with an old server. We support b/w compatibility at the server level (new server works with old client) but not the other way around. You would have to upgrade the server and client at the same time, or upgrade the servers (rolling upgrade) then upgrade the clients.

Patrick

Stack wrote:
+1

All hbase tests pass with 3.3.0 in place.  I ran small loading and
nothing odd looking.  Looks like no issue having a zk 3.3.0 client
talk to a 3.2.2 ensemble.

Requires small mods to hbase other than dropping new zk jar into
hbase/lib in place of zk 3.2.2: HBASE-2380.

St.Ack