I've submitted a patch for this, currently slated to be fixed in 3.1.0 and the 3.0 branch (3.0.1 fix release)

Regards,

Patrick

Patrick Hunt wrote:
Thanks for the feedback Murali, I've entered a JIRA for the issue here:

Patrick

Murali Vemulapati wrote:
I believe there is a typo in the barrier example given at:

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperTutorial.html

With the following fix, the program runs as expected:
==============
83c83
< this.name = new String(InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName().toString());
---
> name = new String(InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName().toString());
100c100
<                     CreateMode.EPHEMERAL_SEQUENTIAL);
---
 >                     CreateMode.EPHEMERAL);
The first change assigns the name to the instance variable 'name' of Barrier class (otherwise the 'name' instance variable will have a value of 'null' when calling zk.create to create the child node under the root barrier node).
The second change lets us run multiple processes on the same machine.

thanks
murali