I agree with Ted, it doesn't seem like a good idea to do in practice. however, you do have a couple of options if you are just testing things:

1) use tmpfs
2) you can set forceSync to "no" in the configuration file to disable syncing to disk before acknowledging responses 3) if you really want to make the disk write go away, you can modify the SyncRequestProcessor in the code

Ted Dunning wrote:
I think that htis would be a very bad idea because of restart issues.  As it
stands, ZK reads from disk snapshots on startup to avoid moving as much data
from other members of the cluster.

You might consider putting the snapshots and log on a tmpfs file system if
you really, really want this.