Hi Adam -

As long as a quorum of servers is running, ZK will be live. With majority
quorums, 2/3 is enough to keep going. In general, if fewer than half your
nodes have failed, ZK will keep on keeping on.

The main concern with a cluster of 2/3 machines is that a single further
failure will bring down the whole cluster.

Henry