Hi,

I'm running the ZooKeeper on three different servers. The following info
is printed by ZooKeeper when starting it with the zkServer start script:

Server environment:java.io.tmpdir=/tmp
Server environment:java.compiler=<NA>
Server environment:os.name=Linux
Server environment:os.arch=amd64
Server environment:os.version=2.6.24-25-server

Whenever I then try to stop the server on any of those servers with the
same script using 'stop' as parameter, the script is executed and it says:

JMX enabled by default
Using config: /opt/zookeeper/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
Stopping zookeeper ...
/zookeeper_server.pid file server1/data

And that's it. A further status command tells me the server is still
running. I always have to kill the process to really stop the server.
This is not actually a problem, but it makes me wonder if there's maybe
some other hidden problem which causes this behaviour and might cause
other (not yet noticed) bigger problems!?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Michael

--

Michael Bauland