Qian,

  ZooKeeper gurantees that if a client sees some transaction response, then
it will persist but the one's that a client does not see might be discarded
or committed. So in case a quorum does not log the transaction, there might
be a case wherein a zookeeper server which does not have the logged
transaction becomes the leader (because the machines with the logged
transaction are down). In that case the transaction is discarded. In a case
when a machine which has the logged transaction becomes the leader that
transaction will be committed.

Hope that clear your doubt.

mahadev