Which version of maven do you have?

I have heard some versions don't follow redirects well.  You can try
deleting these defective files in your local repository under .m2 and try
again.  You may need to try with a newer maven to get things right.

Another option is to explicitly remove those dependencies since they are
optional anyway.  This sort of trick is commonly necessary with log4j.  Try
something like this (suitably adjusted, of course):

See here for possible related issue: