Ted Dunning wrote:
Which version of maven do you have?

2.2.1.

I have heard some versions don't follow redirects well.  You can try
deleting these defective files in your local repository under .m2 and try
again.  You may need to try with a newer maven to get things right.

I tried deleting them manually before trying various other repositories, (including the
one mentioned in the "jar" file).

Another option is to explicitly remove those dependencies since they are
optional anyway.  This sort of trick is commonly necessary with log4j.  Try
something like this (suitably adjusted, of course):

       <dependency>
            <groupId>log4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.15</version>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>com.sun.jmx</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jmxri</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>com.sun.jdmk</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jmxtools</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>javax.jms</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jms</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
                    <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>

This at least gets me through the build/install phase. My usage of zookeeper is
pretty minimal right now -- just one a single node. What features of zookeeper
depend on the excluded jar files?

Thanks very much for your quick response.

Jack

See here for possible related issue:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MREPOSITORY-20?page=com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin:activity-stream-issue-tab