Hi Daniel -

It's more of the latter, if I recall correctly.

Digging turned up this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-579where one of the
tests fails in an python < 2.6 (but fails due to a testing
framework incompatibility I think!), and the README was, perhaps
conservatively, updated to say that only 2.6 is tested.

I haven't personally tested a recent zkpython against <2.6, but I am hopeful
that 2.5 will work correctly. I'd encourage you to try it! The zkpython in
3.3.1 is much improved over earlier versions, so it's worth the upgrade.

cheers,
Henry

--
Henry Robinson