On 06/24/2010 08:32 PM, Ying-Yi Liang wrote:
I noticed there are a few inconsistence of session state values
between the C client and the Java client. I tried to search for an
explanation of the ZOO_ASSOCIATING_STATE (=2) declared in
src/c/include/zookeeper.h in the source comments and on the web, but
didn’t have luck. Can anyone please explain what this state means? Is
this state ever returned by the server?

The session is "associating" after a TCP connection has been made but before the session is actually established. See prime_connection of zookeeper.c.