ted is correct, as usual. that warning is really to avoid unnecessary load, and 16 clients really don't generate much of a load at all. even with thousands of cliets, if they really need the list of children it will still be ok. the point of that note was that for leader election only one process will emerge, so having a bunch of other processing making unneeded requests is wasteful and can be avoided.