Hi there,

I would like to use zookeeper to implement an election scheme.

There is a recipe on the homepage, but it is relatively complex.

I was wondering what was wrong with the following pseudo code;

forever {

    zookeeper.create -e /election <my_ip_address>

    if creation succeeded then {

        // do the leader thing

    } else {

        // wait for change in /election using watcher mechanism

My assumption is that the recipe is more elaborate to the eliminate the
flood of requests if the leader falls away.

But if there are only a handful of leader-candidates ,than that should not
be a problem.

Is this correct, or am I missing out on something.