So shouldn't all servers in another DC just have one session? So even if I
have 50 observers in another DC that should be 50 sessions established since
the IP doesn't change correct? Am I missing something? In some ZK clients I
see the following exception even though they are in the same DC.

WARN - Session 0x0 for server msgzkapp013.abc.com/10.138.43.219:5001,
unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:21)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:233)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:200)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:236)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.doIO(ClientCnxn.java:817)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1089)
WARN - Session 0x0 for server msgzkapp012.abc.com/10.138.42.219:5001,
unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher.write0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(SocketDispatcher.java:29)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:104)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(IOUtil.java:75)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:334)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.doIO(ClientCnxn.java:851)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1089)
What might be happening in this case?

Cheers
Avinash