On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Jeremy Hanna
<jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless I misunderstand, active watches aren't open sessions.  If that's the
> case, I don't think we'll hit the 10K-20K number of open sessions at a given
> time.  However, that's a good boundary to keep in mind as we put the system
> together.

Right. A session is represented by a "ZooKeeper" object. One session
per object. So if you
have 10 client hosts each creating it's own ZooKeeper instance you'll
have 10 sessions. This
is regardless of the number of znodes, watches, etc... Watches were
designed to be lightweight
and you can maintain a large number of them. (25million spread across
500 sessions in my example)

Patrick