Hi All

I am trying to write a simple leader election module and I have 5 nodes A,
B, C, D and E amongst which I need to elect a leader. Now I am following the
example using SEQUENCE flags and trying to use the technique where the herd
effect can be done away with. So I have A create a znode L-1, B create znode
L-2 .... and E create znode L-5. After this I have L-2 watch L-1, L-3 watch
L-2 etc. Let us assume A was elected leader. When A dies B should
automatically become the leader and this seems to be working. What I need to
know is how to C, D and E know about this? Do I need another mechanism to
disseminate this information? I ask because not all znodes are being watched
i.e C, D and E are not watching for L-1 which is the znode created by A. So
how will they learn as to who the new leader is since no watch event will be
triggered at their end.

Thanks in advance
just about anything Open Source.