Hi

I am trying to elect leader among 50 nodes. There is always one odd guy who
seems to think that someone else distinct from what some other nodes see as
leader. Could someone please tell me what is wrong with the following code
for leader election:

public void electLeader()
        {
            ZooKeeper zk = StorageService.instance().getZooKeeperHandle();
            String path = "/Leader";
            try
            {
                String createPath = path +
"/L-";
                LeaderElector.createLock_.lock();
                while( true )
                {
                    /* Get all znodes under the Leader znode */
                    List<String> values = zk.getChildren(path, false);
                    /*
                     * Get the first znode and if it is the
                     * pathCreated created above then the data
                     * in that znode is the leader's identity.
                    */
                    if ( leader_ == null )
                    {
                        leader_ = new AtomicReference<EndPoint>(
EndPoint.fromBytes( zk.getData(path + "/" + values.get(0), false, null) ) );
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        leader_.set( EndPoint.fromBytes( zk.getData(path +
"/" + values .get(0), false, null) ) );
                        /* Disseminate the state as to who the leader is. */
                        onLeaderElection();
                    }
                    logger_.debug("Elected leader is " + leader_ + " @ znode
" + ( path + "/" + values.get(0) ) );
                    Collections.sort(values);
                    /* We need only the last portion of this znode */
                    String[] peices = pathCreated_.split("/");
                    int index = Collections.binarySearch(values,
peices[peices.length - 1]);
                    if ( index > 0 )
                    {
                        String pathToCheck = path + "/" + values.get(index -
1);
                        Stat stat = zk.exists(pathToCheck, true);
                        if ( stat != null )
                        {
                            logger_.debug("Awaiting my turn ...");
                            condition_.await();
                            logger_.debug("Checking to see if leader is
around ...");
                        }
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        break;
                    }
                }
            }
            catch ( InterruptedException ex )
            {
                logger_.warn(LogUtil.throwableToString(ex));
            }
            catch ( KeeperException ex )
            {
                logger_.warn(LogUtil.throwableToString(ex));
            }
            finally
            {
                LeaderElector.createLock_.unlock();