Something that confuses me a little .... this fails when I have
commented out the line adding authentication info.  Without that line
it seems that no ACL is added to the node and I would have thought
that invalid?

ZooKeeper zk = null;
zk =createClient();

//        zk.addAuthInfo("digest", "ben:passwd".getBytes());

zk.create("/ben2", new byte[0], Ids.CREATOR_ALL_ACL, 0, this, results);

zk =createClient();
zk.addAuthInfo("digest", "ben:passwd2".getBytes());

try {
        zk.getData("/ben2", false, new Stat());
        fail("Should have received a permission error");
} catch (KeeperException e) {
        assertEquals(Code.NoAuth, e.getCode());

So is using CREATOR_ALL_ACL without adding authentication information
valid?  I was thinking that perhaps it should not be, but I am hoping
someone can fill me in a bit

Shane Mingins
ELC Technologies (TM)
1921 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Phone: +64 4 568 6684
Mobile: +64 21 435 586
AIM:     ShaneMingins
Skype: shane.mingins

(866) 863-7365 Tel - Santa Barbara Office
(866) 893-1902 Fax - Santa Barbara Office

+44 020 7504 1346 Tel - London Office
+44 020 7504 1347 Fax - London Office

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended
for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain privileged and
confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you
must not copy, forward, distribute or take any action in reliance on
it. If you have received this electronic mail message in

just about anything Open Source.