yuppie wrote:

Can you please tell us *why* you hate it? warnings.warn is used in many places, so if there is a good reason not to use it other code should be changed as well.

Well, personally, I find it opaque and useless, why isn't it just a log call? My personal hate of it comes from seeing a thoroughly useless warning coming from the old SearchIndex stuff for years and never being able to figure out exactly what was causing the problem.

I guess at least in this case, at least fairly useful information is being "warned"?

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk