Hi Florent,

Florent Guillaume wrote:
I deliberately didn't use a LOG call, because this line will get
executed for every request if there is an old directory view present,
and it'll fill your logs pretty quickly, which is not acceptable.

Well, what's acceptable or not is a matter of opinion ;-)
Disk space is cheap and I don't mind logs filling up with this, as it's a good sign it needs fixing quickly.

Using warn was the quickest alternative that worked, if you have
something better...

So are you saying that warn will only emit the warning once no matter how many times it's called? Interesting, that might explain the existence of this otherwise apparently meaningless module in the python standard lib ;-)

If that IS the case, how do I get warning messages to be copied to the event log?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk