Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
I have created a cvs2svn migration test sandbox for CMF on svn.zope.org:

http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/jens/CMF/

This represents an import from the current state of the CVS repository. It is looking pretty good, except for one niggle: The "branch/tag/trunk"-folders don't represent the direct root for the project files - they all contain a CMF directory which is the root for the project files.

Well. I might well be missing something. But if I read the comment for _make_path() correctly, you just have to run cvs2svn from within the CMF directory. Did you try that already?

HTH, Yuppie

Here is the comment I refer to:

    # For a while, we treated each top-level subdir of the CVS
    # repository as a "project root" and interpolated the appropriate
    # genealogy (trunk|tag|branch) in according to the official
    # recommended layout.  For example, the path '/foo/bar/baz.c' on
    # branch 'Rel2' would become
    #
    #   /foo/branches/Rel2/bar/baz.c
    #
    # and on trunk it would become
    #
    #   /foo/trunk/bar/baz.c
    #
    # However, we went back to the older and simpler method of just
    # prepending the genealogy to the front, instead of interpolating.
    # So now we produce:
    #
    #   /branches/Rel2/foo/bar/baz.c
    #   /trunk/foo/bar/baz.c
    #
    # Why?  Well, Jack Repenning pointed out that this way is much
    # friendlier to "anonymously rooted subtrees" (that's a tree where
    # the name of the top level dir doesn't matter, the point is that if
    # you cd into it and, say, run 'make', something good will happen).
    # By interpolating, we made it impossible to point cvs2svn at some
    # subdir in the CVS repository and convert it as a project, because
    # we'd treat every subdir underneath it as an independent project
    # root, which is probably not what the user wanted.
    #
    # Also, see Blair Zajac's post
    #
    #    http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=38965
    #
    # and the surrounding thread, for why what people really want is a
    # way of specifying an in-repository prefix path, not interpolation.