On 4 Aug 2005, at 00:45, Andy McKay wrote:
Not sure if you've written this, but a general FSXMLTemplate (not just XSL) would be nice for the rendering of xml Page Templates. In particular the problem I've wrangled with is inserting dynamically the <? xml parts at the top, for example what I really want to do is

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="rss.xsl"?>

Where that really needs to be:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="rss.xsl" tal:attributes="href string:$portal_url/rss.xsl"?>

Speaking of that, for one of my sites where I want to have XHTML 1.0 strict, I have tried to make the output compliant so it renders as the "correct" type, "application/xhtml+xml" I believe it was, in the browsers that understand it. This was more of a game than anything else because that garbage browwser, IE, has no idea what to do with that. I have found it impossible to get rendered output that is truly compliant because the FSPageTemplate rendering would always insert an empty line before what is supposed to be the very first element, the "<?xml...". I haven't found a way to put that emement outside of my main metal macro because then the parser would barf and claim the template is erroneous. So IMHO there are more problems than "just" retaining a file extension.